Schoolies Week Planning: What To Expect, Hacks, And TipsDecember 10, 2022
Schoolies Week is the week in summer when teenagers, who have finished their last year of high school, celebrate and farewell their school years with a week-long party to go out on. Planning for the event can be a difficult task as there are so many schoolies with different tastes and preferences. To help you plan your Schoolies Week, this article provides some tips on what to expect from locals, hacks for low-budget planning and how to make your Schoolies Week unforgettable in dunsborough leavers zone.
What to Expect: Schoolies Week in Australia
Schoolies Week in Australia is one of the biggest annual events in the country, and it’s not just about having a good time – it’s about celebrating underage drinking laws. Here are some key things to know about Schoolies Week in Australia:
What is Schoolies Week?
Schoolies Week is an annual event held during the week leading up to National Schoolboy/Girl Day (NSWD), which falls on the last full weekend of October each year. It basically celebrates young adults aged 18+ who have completed their final year of high school or college.
What are the Main Events?
The main events during Schoolies Week in Australia are formal dinners and nights out with fellow school leavers. There are also competitions such as ‘Most Outrageous outfit’ and ‘Best placement at a formal dinner’. Finally, there are plenty of opportunities for party goers to get up to no good, including drinking laws that allow underage drinkers to consume alcohol legally.
Is it safe?
Yes, although there is always the potential for trouble when large groups of people gather together under one roof, Schoolies Week generally goes off without a hitch. That said, make sure you take sensible precautions such as not travelling alone and wearing a recognizable necklace or bracelet if you’re planning on partaking in any wild partying behaviour.
Tips, Hacks, and Resources for Planning your Schoolies Week in Australia
When planning your schoolies week in Australia, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are some tips, hacks, and resources to help you get started!
What To Expect
- Get a sense of the cost of living in each city or town you’re considering visiting. This will help you budget for essentials like food and travel expenses.
- Consider the time of year you’re planning your trip. Summer is usually when the party scene is busiest, while winter can be quieter. Check out The Liveable Cities Index to see how popular different Australian towns and cities are during different times of the year.
- Be prepared for rain/snow/extreme heat/cold – Australia can be very unpredictable! Make sure you have appropriate clothing and gear for any weather condition that may come up on your trip. And if something does go wrong, don’t forget your phone charger!
- Use public transportation whenever possible – cars in Australia are expensive and often not necessary for getting around major cities. Plus, buses and trains tend to be much cheaper than taxis or Uber rides!
- Check out student-run websites or social media pages for events happening during your stay – this can save you a lot of money on tickets and activities!
- Join an online forum or subreddit related to schoolies week in Australia – these communities are full of information and advice from other travelers about what to do and where to go.
- Download the app Schoolies, which provides extensive information about each town and city in Australia that you’re considering visiting. This app includes info on nightlife, restaurants, attractions, and more.
- Bring a travel insurance policy – schoolies week in Australia can be an adventure full of potential surprises, and accidents happen! Make sure you have appropriate coverage in case something goes wrong while you’re away.
- Pack light – don’t bring too many items with you, as luggage fees can be expensive in Australia. And remember to pack sunscreen, hats, and water bottles – it can be hot and humid out there!
So you’re planning on going to schoolies week, but you don’t know what to expect. Well, fret not! In this article, we will be discussing everything from hacks for staying hydrated and fed while out on the town all week long to tips on how to make the most of your time. Whether you’re just starting out or have been planning this event for months, read on for some helpful advice. We hope that our tips help take the stress out of schoolies week planning for you!