Optimum Travel Insurance plans for a Hassle-free VacationAugust 24, 2021 Off By Sublaid
Traveling to new and unexplored destinations is something that we often dream of. But when it
materializes there are many things that need to be taken care of before you can depart for your dream destination. Whether you are traveling to some Indian tourist place or an overseas destination, buying travel insurance online is the best solution. Valid travel insurance is a mandatory requirement of many countries. If you are still wondering whether to buy travel insurance or not, this article may be an eye-opener for you.
Why Do you Need Travel Insurance?
Holidays are meant to be enjoyed and give you the most wanted break from the day-to-day stress. It is therefore sensible to ensure that you do not feel stress on your vacation too. Life is full of uncertainties and you may encounter unforeseen circumstances, such as a sudden illness leading to hospitalization or baggage being misplaced, etc. These situations put you under unnecessary stress that can easily be avoided if your travel is insured, Students pursuing their studies abroad also need to travel frequently. A good travel insurance policy gives them the peace of mind that they are prepared for any eventuality.
What are the Different Travel Insurance Plans?
A variety of travel insurance plans are available online, that suit every requirement. There are specific plans that cover the entire family, student, senior citizen insurance, overseas travel insurance, etc. You also have a choice to take single-trip insurance for one trip or buy a multi-trip insurance policy if you are a frequent flyer.
- Overseas travel insurance – international travel insurance provides compensation for costs incurred due to travel-related damages such as loss of passport or baggage, travel delays or cancellation of flights, and many other things. Apart from these, all emergency medical expenses are also covered for the duration of your trip. These plans are designed keeping in mind the specific guidelines for different countries.
- Corporate Travel insurance – This policy is ideal for employees of a company who undertake business tours frequently. The policy covers medical as well as non-medical emergencies during your trip so that you can focus completely on your work.
- Senior citizen Travel insurance – Senior citizens are the most vulnerable while traveling to a new location. They have some pre-existing ailments for which they might need immediate medical attention while abroad. The senior citizen travel insurance plan specifically takes care of such situations besides other benefits.
- Student Travel Insurance – Travel insurance plans for students are a safe option for those who go abroad to pursue their studies. The policy takes care of any kind of non-medical or medical exigency that may occur unexpectedly so that students can focus on their studies.
- Multi-Trip Travel insurance – This policy provides comprehensive coverage for a year during which the insured can travel as many times as he wants without having to bother about buying insurance again and again.
- Single-Trip Travel Insurance – This policy is taken for a single trip and remains valid from the date of departure till the insured returns home. The insured can travel to multiple locations during the aforementioned period.
What Things Should be Considered While Buying Travel Insurance Online?
Consider the following factors when taking a travel insurance plan online, so that you get the maximum benefit.
- Travel Duration– Overseas insurance premium increases with the duration of your stay. So, compare the premium amount and other factors before finalizing a plan.
- Schengen Check– Shengen countries have very specific guidelines regarding travel insurance. So, cross-check the guidelines and the minimum sum insured before buying the policy to avoid any inconvenience later.
- Travel Frequency – If you are a frequent-flyer, buy a multi-trip policy to avoid going through the same process multiple times. This will save you a lot of time as well.
- Sub-Limits – There are certain sub-limits in policies that generally go unnoticed. Take a careful look at them so that you have a clear idea about what is covered and what is not.
- Exclusions – Read the policy carefully and clarify your doubts while buying the policy. Do not just assume that everything is covered under the policy. A clear understanding of the policy can save you a lot of trouble.
- Claim Procedures – Find out about the detailed procedure required for filing a claim so that you can fast-track the process if the need arises. Some insurance companies have a tie-up with local insurance companies as well.
A good travel insurance policy proves indispensable for young and old alike as unforeseen problems may arise at any time during the trip. Care Travel Insurance understands your travel needs and has tried to cover all possible requirements in different travel policies that you may choose according to your needs. It is advisable not to ignore the chances of unforeseen circumstances like trip delays, baggage theft or loss, etc. Spending some amount on a travel plan is definitely worth the effort.