Documents For Pet Transportation In The Usa

Documents For Pet Transportation In The Usa

August 19, 2020 Off By Sublaid

While traveling with your pets or shipping them to the other place with pet transportation agencies, in both the cases you require to do some paperwork which includes giving certain documents, this thing seems to be very hectic as most of the people do not have knowledge about the documents that they have to provide, but if someone knows about them then the task becomes much easier to them and reduces their stress. Why not become someone who knows about the documents for shipping pets?

This article will tell you about all the documents you will need for the transportation of your pet, so let’s get ready to be one step ahead of everyone.

Health Certificate:

It is a very important document in the paperwork, you will need a health certificate signed by an accredited veterinary doctor, you must have the health certificate whose issue date is within the 10 days before the journey, not more than that. The health certificates ensure that your pet is healthy enough to travel on flights and other transports.

When you get to know that you will need a health certificate it’s very late and you have to hurry to get it, but since you know this now prepare it before so that you will not hurry.

Rabies Vaccination Certificate:

You will also have to provide the rabies vaccination certificate of your pet in the documents, this certificate is valid for a year while traveling and the certificate must be of more than 1 month prior.

Also, a very important thing to note is that the vaccination certificate must be in English or must have an English translation if it is not so then they will not allow your pet. Now you can imagine if you came to know about this late, then you will have to face many issues as the certificate must have the date of before 1 month. A Rabies certificate becomes even more important when you are from a country where rabies is present significantly.

Flight Ticket:

You will need a flight ticket for your pet also, so don’t forget to make reservations for your pet if you are taking them with you.

These were the documents when your pet is traveling in US only, but on the other hand, if you are taking your pet outside the US, you will need to do some more paperwork, the requirement of documents also varies from country to country, but we are mentioning some most common ones that almost every country require:

Health certificate, rabies vaccination certificate and flight ticket all you will require while traveling outside the US also, as they are the most essential documents, while other additions are-


You will require a microchip for your pet no matter where you are heading, if you do not know about microchip then it is radio frequency identification which provides a permanent ID for your pet, they are scanned by a microchip scanner, also one interesting thing is they do not need any power supply.

International Health Certificate:

You with also need an international health certificate while traveling outside the US signed by a USDA accredited veterinarian

Import Permit Certificate:

This is also one of the most important documents that you will need if you are traveling outside the US with your pet.

Other Travel Certificates:

You will also have to arrange for other travel certificates of your pet according to the requirement of the country you are heading to, different countries ask for different kinds of certificates according to their policies.

Frequently Asked Questions

Question 1: Is It Necessary To Have A Microchip For Your Pet?

Yes, it is one of the most important things to have while traveling with your pet.

Question 2: Will I Need To Arrange For The Import Certificate?

It depends where you are traveling, if you are traveling in the same country then there is no point in having an import certificate but if you are traveling outside the US then it is a very important document.

Question 3: From Where I Can Get An International Health Certificate?

You can get an international health certificate from a USDA accredited veterinarian.